Campus Wellness Plan
Galena Park I.S.D. shall prepare, adopt, and implement a comprehensive plan to encourage healthy eating and physical activity. This environment will prepare students to become healthy, productive citizens and supporters of life long healthy habits.
- Teachers will be encouraged to integrate nutrition education across the curriculum.
- Staff will encourage students to bring healthy snacks and to participate in physical activity
- Girl Scouts of America educated all girls once a week for six weeks on various health and wellness topics.
- Food Pantry is available on campus for students, staff and community members to receive FREE healthy foods.
- Nutritional Tips and facts available on School Café menus.
- All seventh graders will be screened for hearing and vision along with any new eighth graders.
- Physical Education teachers will promote student wellness and health awareness.
- Students will be encouraged to actively participate in physical activities each day.
- First Aide, CPR, and locations of AED machines are reviewed with all athletes.
- Faculty vs. Students volleyball and basketball game
- Students in 7th and 8th grade will complete Texas Fitness Gram.
- The staff will promote hand washing and encourage safe eating practices, such as no sharing of food or drink
- Review lunch menu with students daily and discuss health benefits.
- The staff will promote hand washing and encourage safe eating practices, such as no sharing of food or drink.
- Students will have alerts on lunch account if any food allergies exist.
Other School Related Activities
- Academic rallies are held at least once a semester to promote academic success, school spirit, and testing accomplishments.
- CMS will provide a healthy learning environment for all students.
- Support for healthy lifestyles will be developed through health screenings and health clinics.
- CMS will continue to work with Galena Park ISD in partnership with the Carevan to provide community vaccination events.
- CMS had annual Father/ Daughter dance to promote healthy relationships and to bring awareness to teen dating violence.
- CMS will have a Monthly Wellness Focus