North Shore Senior High School Parking Information
1. In order for a student to get a parking permit they have to have the following:
-Valid drivers licenses...NOT A PERMIT
-Know the make, model, and license plate number of the car that you will drive to school
-Valid proof of insurance of the car that you will be driving to school
-$10.00 decal fee
2. Student can get the decals, provided that have the above information/items, in Suite A with any of the clerical staff there. This decals should not be picked up during instructional time. They can be picked up during lunches and immediately after school.
Vehicles on Campus
Vehicles parked on school property are under the jurisdiction of the school. The school reserves the right to search any vehicle if reasonable suspicion exists to do so. Students have full responsibility for the security of their vehicles and will make certain they are locked and that keys are not given to others. Students will be held responsible for any prohib-ited objects or substances, such as alcohol, drugs, and weapons, that are found in their cars and will be subject to disciplinary action. Searches of vehicles, as well as general searches of school property, may be conducted at any time if there is reasonable suspicion to do so, with or without the presence of the student. If the vehicle subject to search is locked, the student shall be asked to unlock the vehicle. If the student refuses, the District shall contact the student’s parent(s). If parent(s) also refuse to permit the vehicle to be searched, the District may contact local law enforcement of-ficials and turn the matter over to them.
Students are also responsible for parking vehicles legally. If parked illegally, the vehicle is subject to being towed at the expense of the owner. The principal shall have the discretion to set eligibility for parking on campus.
Forfeiture of parking permits (No warning)
- Students illegally parked in faculty parking.
Parking Citation (issued by officers on duty)
- Any student vehicle parked on North Shore Senior complex without a valid North Shore Senior parking permit.
Vehicles towed (No warning)
- Any student vehicle previously issued a parking citation as noted above.
- Vehicles illegally parked in tow-away zones, blocking an entrance or another vehicle.
During the course of the school day, students are not permitted to leave the building/campus without permission. Students may not report to their vehicles during the school day without permission. If a student is caught outside of the building without permission, he/she will be subject to disciplinary action.